Quick Task 1:
Go to https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/
Log in to the subscription area.
Go to Teachers, then select interactive resources and select Phase 5. Select the 'Picnic on Pluto' Game. Please go to Phase 5 and play with the 'i_e' sound as in 'nice smile'.
If you would like to practice the 'i_e' sound more play 'Buried Treasure' and 'Picnic on Pluto'.
Quick Task 2: You need to stay on phonics play
Go back to Teachers, then select interactive resources and select Phase 5. Then please select 'Tricky Word Trucks' and please practice Phase 5a Tricky words.
Please continue working through the tasks for the two week project on 'Sidney Spider'.
Today we would like you to do Lesson 2 of our unit 'Multiplication and Division'.
- Go to https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/year-1/
- Select Week 2 - Lesson 3 'Make Equal Groups' and watch the 3 minute video.
- Then complete the worksheet below. You do not need to print this. You can just write your answers in your home learning book e.g. where it tells you to tick the answer you would just write the object that you would have ticked.
- Then have a go at the following extra fluency question below
- Using cereal or pasta can you make the following:
- make 5 equal groups of 2
- Make 7 equal groups of 5
- Make 2 equal groups of 10
- Make 6 equal groups of 4
- Make 3 equal groups of 7
For the two challenges below use pasta/cereal to practical solve these problems before you pictorially show it.
- How many ways can you group 12 counters? Show me pictorially all the different ways?
- If you had 20 counters would you have more or less different ways to group them?
Geography – UK quiz
Last week we recapped on our learning about the UK. Here is a quiz to see how much you can remember. Write the answers to the questions in your home learning book:
- What are the national symbols of Scotland?
- Which country has a red rose as one of their national symbols?
- Which country has a flag with a dragon on?
- Which country do you live in?
- Can you draw the Northern Irish flag without looking?
- What two colours are in the England flag?