Click on the links below for the PE challenge this week.
Phonics - Phase 3 Letters and Sounds
Objective: To practise reading, writing and applying the Phase 3 sound 'oa'.
Please click on the link below for your lesson. You will need paper and a pencil or whiteboard and pen.
Now have a look at the games on the Phonics Play website. Information about this is on the previous page - Phonics Play star.
Username name: jan21, P/W: home
- We are learning to read two syllable words.
- Practise GPCs s, a, t, p, i, n, m, d, g, o, c, k, ck, e, u, r, h, b, f, f, l, ll, ss, j, v, w, x, y, z, qu, sh, ch, th, ng, ai, ee, igh, oa, oo, ar, or, ur, ow, oi, ear, air, ure, er
- Look at an alphabet chart and practise the names of letters.
- Read words with two syllables chicken, tonight, boatman, rooftop, farmyard, market, lightning, bedroom.
- Look at a picture of a sea scene below. Label items in picture e.g. shell, fish, shark, tooth, weed, boat, sail, ship.
- Read sentences:
The farmyard is full of pigs and cows.
Lightning might hit a boat tonight.
Rats run on the rooftops in the dark.
Mathematics - Shape and Pattern
Objective: Creating patterns with shapes
In this lesson, we will be making and spotting different repeating patterns. Draw or use natural resources or your toys to create your own repeating patterns. You will need 3 different coloured pencils and the pattern activity sheet below.
Please click on the link below to start the lesson.
Bonjour tout le monde,
Did you enjoy les Trois Petits Cochons, the 3 Little Pigs? Did you use your french colours to do the colour by numbers?
This time our French learning focuses on Jack et le Haricot Magique. Watch the story and then have a go at the 2 activities in the powerpoint. Click on this link to watch the story:
Don’t forget the VIDEO RESOURCE CENTRE on the school website. Go to children and select VIDEO RESOURCE CENTRE, choose R, Y1 & 2.
Bon courage, good luck,