Quick Task 1: Go on Phonics Play (The link is in the 'Useful web-based resources' section on the Year 1 Home learning page).
Select the 'Dragons Den' Game. Please go to Phase 3 and play with the 'ure' sound as in 'Sure it's pure'.
If you would like to practice the 'ure' sound more play 'Buried Treasure' and 'Picnic on Pluto'.
Today we are looking at using the 'and' conjunction.
Recap what we practised last week by looking at the Powerpoint. (slides 9 - 10 are new for this week.)
Then have a go at finishing the 5 sentences below.
Remember to write these out using your neatest handwriting and don't forget your punctuation.
1. The fire in the bread oven was not put out properly and __________________________
2. Thomas Farriner woke up his family and __________________________
3. Houses were made of wood and __________________________
4. People escaped the fire using carts and _____________________
5. They finally managed to put out the fire using water and __________________________
We have finished our maths block 'Place Value to 100'
Take a look at part 1 of the assessment below. Have a go answering the questions in your book.
Tomorrow we will complete part 2.
Today we are going to test the properties of different materials.
Look at the activity sheet below for ideas of items and materials you can use around your house.
You need to choose which property you are going to test. For example: Is it bendy? Is it waterproof? Is it see-through? Is it hard?
Choose some items from your house and draw/write them in your home learning book.
Now start testing!
What have you found out? Write about it in your book.