Quick task 1 - 3 lines of your handwriting book
Our focus today is nouns and adjectives.
Task 2: For the picture below can you write a list of adjectives + noun for things you can see in the picture.
e.g. wooden houses
Challenge yourself to have adjective, adjective + noun
e.g. red, hot flames
thick, grey smoke
Challenge: Pick three from your list and write a sentence for each, remembering your punctuation and in your neatest handwriting.
Today we are continuing counting in 5s.
Have a go at the questions on the sheet below. You do not need to print the sheets, you can just write the answers to each question in your home learning book.
Fancy a challenge, try the challenge sheet at the end.
Today we are going to do a science experiment!
We want to see which materials float and which materials sink.
1. Find 5 items that you want to test. Try and pick items that are made out of different materials.
Make sure you ask permission first.
2. Write the first item in your book and make a prediction. Do you think it will sink or float? Why? Use the stem sentence...
_____ . I think ____ will sink/float because _____
e.g. Cup. I think the cup will float because the cup is light.
3. Test- Drop the item in the water and see what happens.
4. Record the result in your book .e.g The cup floated but when water got inside it sank.
5. Repeat for your other items.