LO: To explore genre.
In this lesson, we will analyse the genre of the book. We will look at using what we already know to help us in this lesson, the features of a quest narrative and analysing the text.
- Think of books that you already know where a character goes on a journey or quest. Where did they go? Why? What did they learn?
- Create a mind map about what you already know about the features of a quest narrative - use the descriptions of the books the teacher has already talked about to help.
- Answers questions 1 - 3 in your workbook as you go through the video. What does Lila still need to learn? What do you think the Three Gifts are? Where might Lila learn them? Do you think Lila will travel to the Grotto of Razvani? Will it be an easy journey?
- Try to develop your answer to the key question in the summarising part of the video.
- Complete the sentence 'The Firework Maker's Daughter is quest narrative because...
Click on the link below to begin.