I am sure your child/ren have come home talking about their ‘Walk for Autism’ challenge over the past 2 weeks. It has been lovely to see the children supporting this event and the weather was perfect for the 10 minutes’ walk each day. Thank you if you have supported the event.
5 FACTS ABOUT AUTISM
- People with Autism may behave in a different way to other people. They may be very quiet or very loud.
- People with Autism may sometimes find it tricky to understand facial expressions and may need extra information to recognise emotions.
- You can not catch autism, it is not an illness.
- People with Autism sometimes think differently which can be good for solving problems and creating things in a unique way.
- Autistic people may be extra sensitive to sound, touch and light which means they may react differently to others in everyday situations.
DID YOU KNOW?
Albert Einstein, Andy Warhol, Issac Newton, Hans Christian Anderson and Barbara McClintock are just a few heroes that had Autism.