Religious Education follows the locally agreed syllabus for RE in Somerset: Awareness, Mystery and Value 2016. The children study RE throughout their time at Parkfield School and the topics covered are very varied.
Parents have the right to withdraw their children from Religious Education or from assembly. Please see the Head if you wish to exercise this right so that arrangements can be made.
Ministers from local churches frequently take assemblies.
While studying RE the children have the opportunity to take part in educational visits, meet outside speakers and use religious artifacts. The topics covered are:
- Who are we?
- Where do we belong?
- How do we celebrate our journey through life?
- Why are some times special?
- Why is Jesus important?
- Why is our world special?
- Why are some stories special?
- Why are some places special?
- How should we live our lives?
- What can we learn from the life and teaching of Jesus?
- Why are some journeys and places special?
- What does it mean to belong to a religion? Judaism
- What is important to me?
- What does it mean to belong to a religion? Hinduism
- Why do religious books and teachings matter?
- What do people believe about life?
- What does it mean to belong to a religion? Christianity
- How do people express their beliefs and experiences?
- How should we live and who can inspire us?
- What does it mean to belong to a religion? Islam
- How do we make moral choices?